Still no new post this week–still working on new projects and all–but I wanted to share with you, after the jump, the 20 albums that changed my life. I’m too lazy to provide Amazon.com links for all of them, but I assure you all (except #2) of these albums are at least on iTunes. (Some of them are physically out of print.) This post was inspired by a meme I saw on Tumblr, and since I don’t really have a new post this week, I decided to share the meme here rather than Tumblr.
Also: should’ve made this joke in this post, but I didn’t know at the time they were dating, so.
Order of the list: Album–Artist.
- Surprise—Crystal Waters
- Mickey Unwrapped—various
- Led Zeppelin IV—Led Zeppelin
- The Velvet Rope—Janet Jackson
- The Emancipation of Mimi—Mariah Carey
- Stop the Panic—Luke Vibert/BJ Cole
- 24th Street Sounds—Miguel Migs
- Hard Normal Daddy—Squarepusher
- Ready to Die—Notorious B.I.G.
- Only Built for Cuban Linx—Raekwon
- Share My World—Mary J. Blige
- Love Songs of the Hanging Gardens—Kelley Polar
- Beautiful Tomorrow—Blue Six
- I’m Still In Love With You—Al Green
- In My Life, Vol. 1—Jay-Z
- Hardcore—Lil’ Kim
- 2 Future 4 U—Armand Van Helden
- The Pearl—Aquanote
- Remixed on the 24th of July—Charles Webster